is an agency assisting in meeting the growing operational challenges of
migration management, advance understanding of migration issues,
encourage social and economic development through migration, and uphold
the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In the country since: 1999
At a glance:
- Supports the country in four key areas:
and Development: IOM’s goal in this field is to help harness the
development potential of migration of individual migrants and societies;
- Facilitating Migration: IOM provides policy and technical advice to
governments on the regulation of labour and other movements and carries
out programmes to assist governments and migrants;
- Regulating Migration: IOM assists governments in the development and
implementation of migration policy, legislation and administrative
- Forced Migration: IOM is active in assisting people to move out of danger during emergencies and to return afterwards.
- Policy Advice: IOM promotes better understanding of migration issues by
migrants and governments at national, regional and international
levels, leading to enhanced cooperation and effective migration policy.
established strong partnerships with many national and international
counterparts in order to implement various projects that are of benefit
to all the citizens of Macedonia.
the core of IOM’s work stand the human rights principles and in
particular migrants rights, gender equality and the protection of the
Additional information on IOM work in the country please visit
Tel.:+389 2 3088 100
Address: Zeleznicka Str, no.50A